We are now looking for an accountant who can assist the school’s head of finance and accounting in providing an efficient and caring service to our school employees. We believe in treating each other with kindness and good manners at all times. Due to the mixed nature of our community, the accountant will need to speak, read and write both Thai and English to a good standard, be very well organised and have a passion for customer service.
Responsible for processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures, resolving discrepancies, processing all invoices received for payment and undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Duties & Responsibility:
- Generate and send out invoices to customers in a timely manner.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email or personally.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and customer queries.
- Perform bank reconciliations for all receipts.
- Maintain accounts receivable files and records.
- Control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, reconciling invoices and comparing system reports to balances.
- Pay vendors by scheduling and preparing cheques.
- Prepare withholding tax certificates for certain vendors.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and documentation.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Perform bank reconciliations for all payments.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Attend school meetings.
- Attend school seminars, activities and training.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
All staff are expected, in the spirit of teamwork and for the welfare of the school, to perform any other related tasks, within reason, for the department and from time to time support other departments as requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
Please note: King’s College International School Bangkok is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a criminal records check, suitably translated, satisfactory references, and medical clearance.
The successful candidates will:
- Be kind, well mannered and wise as a role model for our students.
- Have 1 or more years of experience in similar roles.
- Be able to obtain a clear criminal record from the Royal Thai Police.
- Supply appropriate references from current and previous employers (referees will be contacted by the recruitment team).
- Be a competent user of accounting software and Microsoft Office.